Basketball – boys & girls
Cheerleading - spirit & competition squads
Cross Country – boys & girls
Golf – boys & girls
Soccer – boys & girls
Softball (fast pitch)
Swimming – boys & girls
Tennis – boys & girls
Track – boys & girls
Volleyball – girls
Eligibility for Participation
· The Athletic Director will check the eligibility of every student athlete on a regular basis. The head coaches will also communicate with students and parents regarding eligibility, rules and regulations. Parents/guardians and student athletes are responsible for following all rules and regulations set forth by the KHSAA, Marshall County Board of Education, and any team rules set forth by coaching staffs. This includes but is not limited to proper care of issued equipment and behavior expectations.
· In order to be eligible to participate in a KHSAA sanctioned sport, a student athlete must be passing 2/3 of his/her classes which is equivalent to 6 out of 8 classes.
·If a student’s GPA in a 9-week grading period is below 2.0, the student will be placed on academic probation for one grading period. He/she may participate in extra-curricular activities during this time. Students are encouraged to attend Extended School Services while on probation for the subject(s) in which they are having trouble.
· If the GPA does not meet or exceed the required 2.0 GPA at the end of the next grading period, the student is declared ineligible for the following 9-week grading period.
· Students who are failing 3 or more classes will immediately be declared ineligible regardless of their GPA. There is no probationary period for these students.
· Any student who accumulates a total of 9 unexcused absences for the school year will be banned from attending any field trips, club trips or from participating in any extracurricular school event. The student will lose his/her eligibility for one calendar year from the date of the ninth unexcused absence.